I dont know about you, but i looove making homemade masks & experimenting with it
I've tried tomato & cucumber and I wasn't impressed with either.
You can also use egg whites or egg yolks according to your skin type.
My fave is sour cream or plain non-flavored FULL FAT yogurt.
Reason why both of these are really good for your skin is because it contains LACTIC ACID.
Almost like at an home lactic acid peel!
The acids basically eat away at dead skin that you can't really see.
The sourer, the better; which is why I use sour cream.
Another mask is made of just honey.
Both leave your face soft & smooth!
It is best if you exfoliate prior to applying the mask.
You can exfoliate mixing olive oil & sugar...don't use St Ives Apricot Scrub!
Sometimes I'll mix a combination of any of these & leave it on for 10-15 minutes:
honey
lemon juice
turmeric (the cosmetic kind, not cooking)
sour cream/yogurt
olive oil (for dry skin)
After you rinse off your mask with lukewarm/cold water, do not use soap/cleanser on your face.
Pat dry & you've got great skin!





2 comments:
This is making me hungry...lol. I'd end up licking myself!
Oh wow, I just got excited, I love homemade masks! I usually just use egg whites but now I'm excited to add honey and yogurt in - ooh la la!
Post a Comment